
Doug and I spent a short weekend in Utah celebrating the well-lived life of a beloved Grandpa. On our way home, we decided to detour and go see my brother in Rexburg. Weather was fall-ish there, and even started snowing while driving back through Pocatello. It was so beautiful and Doug said, "I just love driving in the snow because I feel like I'm in Star Wars." I totally agreed knowing that the flakes falling seem to pass you like stars in space.

Well, the snow kept falling and got pretty nasty. After driving FOREVER in horrible conditions and spinning off the road into a snow drift (thankfully it was just that) we decided it best to stay over night. It was the Bates Motel, but neither of us cared, we were so tired. As we were laying down to sleep Doug says to me, "I don't want to be a Jedi Knight anymore." Apparently, being a Jedi isn't all it's cracked up to be.
7 comments:
yeah it does look like your driving through space. You should of stopped by my place on your way home, it would of been fun.
Oh, come on jedi's rule!
Becca! Holy cow...you have THREE kids?!? Your oldest girl totally has your fabulous smile! You guys look so happy!
It's all fun and games until someone slides off the road! I'm glad no one/thing got hurt. My mom was so vauge, she freaked me out when she told me.
Did you see any Storm Troopers (aka...White Dodge Durangos) on your way young Jedi?
WOW! You should have told me you were flying through. You could have gotten stuck here for the night. Glad you made it back ok. I personally don't love snow at ALL just because of the driving.
Truth be told...I don't think that the Jedi's have to drive in hyperspeed for 4 1/2 hours. I still may be a Jedi!
Post a Comment