I LOVE everything about Halloween including carving pumpkins. It is my chance to be artsy and create something fun. Gabby did a great job scooping and separating her seeds from the pulp so we could bake the seeds later. She chose a "happy" pumpkin. Hyrum wanted nothing to do with the project and rode his bike around the garage while we worked. He wanted a "scary" pumpkin. And I did a silly for Lulu.
Afterwards, we enjoyed some hot wassail....a fall favorite.
1 gallon apple cider
1 can (6 oz) orange juice concentrate
1 can (6 oz) lemonade concentrate
1 cup brown sugar
1-2 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp nutmeg
12 whole cloves
4-6 tsp allspice or 12 whole allspice if you have it
1 tsp zest of one orange
3-5 orange slices
Mix and serve hot with whip cream and caramel sauce on top! Yummy!
Here are some photos from our trip to the pumpkin patch with Gabriella's preschool class.
12 comments:
Cute!! Looks like you guys had a good time. That wassil sound good!!!!
I can't wait to make our shrunken heads with your wassail recipe. The pumpkins are so cute! You are having a cute day too!
Great pumpkins!
Thanks for the Wassil recipe, I am going to try it! Also- you look super cute in that picture of you guys carving the pumpkins! Looks like fun!
Lol thanks Doug. Your comment was a success, you had me cracking up! Do you guys wanna get together for the office next week & play the game? We could do it at your house since you have more kids and they probably go to bed... or you could bring them over to our house or get a babysitter. EITHER WAY! Anything is cool with us, just let me know!
I love the pumpkins! How fun. One of my favorite things is going to the corn maze and getting pumpkins. I love the fall!
I would LOVE to travel like our moms. What fun. We'll have to start planning and saving now!
i love halloween too! it's so fun! i love the pictures you put up! you look so pretty!!! and i'm SO glad you put up ypur wassil recipe! i am definitely going to try it out! happy halloween!!!
Love the pumpkins but love the kids more.
Looks like a ton of fun!! We love carving pumpkins too. We did 10 this year cause Ryan is obsessed with pumpkin seeds. That drink sounds good I better try it.
Good idea to carve in the garage! It sounds like you are well into enjoying this Harvest season!
Cute pumpkins! Have you ever serve the wassail in a pumpkin? It makes a great punch bowl, once it's cleaned out first. I did it a a Bunco party one year and everyone enjoyed it.
How is it possible (or fair, for that matter) that you look just as young and cute as you did in college? And you now have THREE babies?? How do you do it?!! In the words of Napoleon Dynamite ... "lucky..."
Post a Comment