Monday, June 2, 2008

Father and Sons


Here are my boys on their first father and sons campout! I wasn't there to enjoy the campfire, crickets and sleeping under the stars. But it wouldn't be a camping without realizing you left your food at home, your air mattress deflating, and waking up at 5 am on a Saturday. Good thing your kids don't remember those parts! Hyrum had a ball!

Hyrum and his cousin David enjoying the view from Beacon Rock!

The beautiful Columbia River gorge

11 comments:

jrushing said...

I love the pictures but where is Doug?? I can't see him in anywhere! Hyrum is cute but seriously where is Doug!?

Rebecca said...

that is exactly what shane said at the campsite. I told him he would get made fun of...he doesn't always listen to me. ha ha

Steph said...

Yay! You finally posted again! My boys loved the father and sons, too even though Brandon got burned on the eye with a hot stick!

PS check out my blog for further details!!!!!!!!

Christi said...

Looks like they had a great time. I love northwest. It's beautiful.

Becky said...

Looks like fun. What a good dad. How are you my friend?

Cristi said...

I can't wait until the days when Jeff can do this with our boys! So fun!

Stephanie said...

I love camping, except, here is Florida it gets a little hot. I hope it was more pleasant than 85-90 degrees for them. :) That picture of the gorge is beautiful!

Tamara said...

Doug is brave! John and Seth decided to just backyard it this year. Good thing, Seth threw up in the tent at 3:00 am so they came inside. Too many Oreos!

Rachel said...

The boys had so much fun together, David was happy to have a little cousin around.

cjdustin said...

I don't know from experience but I think all boys love the Father & Sons but I think the moms love it more!

Casual Businessman said...

If Boy Scouts taught me anything the sole purpose of camping is to play with fire...did he build a fire?

Dang, I gotta get me a boy. Why don't they do Daddy daughter campouts?