I love living in the NW because we are so close to the coast. The crazy spring break weather went from snowy to sunny with little rain in between (out of the norm for April here). So my "up for anything" sister in law Kelly and I decided to get outta dodge. Both our husbands are busy with tax season and school and a quick trip to the Oregon coast was just what we needed.
We drove down and stayed one night at an oceanfront hotel in Seaside, Oregon. It was a beautiful first day, not even enough wind to fly a kite. We spent the afternoon making sand castles and trying not to let the waves get our clothes wet. Hyrum failed tumbling face first into the surf. He came up smiling. Our second day was overcast and some showers, but we had fun exploring town and picking out taffy for the daddies who had to work. Kelly and I laughed about how many stares and funny looks we got from passersby as we strolled through town with 7 kids. Everyone trying to figure us out...were we a daycare service or a couple?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
How pretty! Sounds like a fun trip. I went there once when we were in college. So beautiful! My husband went to the beach this week while I had to work! Something seems backwards there, huh?
Hooray! A new post! I've totally been there - it's so gorgeous! What a fun trip! You're awesome!
Looks like a great time! Glad you can have some fun during tax season.
That makes me miss the NW so bad. I'm stuck here in an ugly state. (No offense to anyone who is from Texas.) We will move up there...someday. Looks like you guys had fun!
I didn't even know you guys went to the coast! Looks like a good time - you crazy day care providers, you. :)
I'm glad that you were able to get away and have some fun. I wish that I could have been there. We will have to go on a fun summer retreat to the beach, or wherever after tax day...between studying for the exams!
I am jealous of your trip. I miss water, dang Salt Lake crap. I will call you back, I promise.
HA... a couple, it is portland area after-all!
OH goodness, we spent EVERY spring break at the beach usually lincoln city, and it was ALWAYS cold and rainy, and windy! But we loved it, wet cold and salty is not a good combo! You really lucked out on the sun/no wind. Good job braving a little trip on your own, what a fun sis-in-law you have! The older kids will remember it forever...good times!
PS... stella just "tagged" gabby! have fun!
That makes me miss the beach! Actually, we only went twice in the almost 9 years we lived there. That's pretty sad isn't it!
Post a Comment