Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Milestones and other stuff

This seemed to be the week of firsts. Gabriella learned how to ride her bike without training wheels on our outing to the park for family night. She still gets scared and forgets to watch where she's going (that pole came out of nowhere!), but she is doing really great.
First haircut-compliments of Gabriella. This is how I found LaurieAnn Saturday afternoon along with a pile of hair. I seriously left the kids for two minutes. Gabby cut her own hair (not too bad, she just has some cute layers now) and Lulu's piggy's. She is still cute even with those stubs.

The repair.



Love the new bangs girlfriend! Gabby cried pretty hard when I made her empty her piggybank to pay for the haircuts.

Okay, so it wasn't my first mother's day. But it was my first handmade mothers day gift. Look at this beauty of a broach that I have been wearing ever since. Bling!



First time Hyrum emptied the dishwasher. I didn't get a picture, but this was taken on mother's day. And what better gift to give your mother than help around the house. I woke up and he announced he had unloaded the silverware and put it away for me. I couldn't bring myself to tell him they were dirty....



You guys all know I am way into repurposing clothes. I found several ideas online for making shirt dresses, and decided to try my hand at one. This is one of Doug's old dress shirts that was torn.


Perfect summer dress for Gabriella. I love how it turned out!



19 comments:

marzee said...

Oh Becca - that dress is so cute!!! I want one in my size! Look at you in all your creativity. Awesome!

Lindsi said...

I noticed on Sunday she had a cute dress on. Then Callie told me what you did! That is so cool! I need that pattern! Casey goes through dress shirts like crazy! (Holes in the elbows from sitting at a desk all day!)

Cristi said...

Oh my gosh - your kids are disgustingly adorable!

Christi said...

I love that dress!!! I love how kids"give" themselves haricuts :)

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

That pic of the cut of piggys is priceless! I would have died and then burst into laughter. I think getting kids getting into the sissors is a rite of passage for us moms!

McArthur Family said...

Ok, I'm in love with the dress shirt turned dress!!! what a fabulous idea!

teamZ said...

The repurposed dress is so cute! I never thought of making thm pay for thehaircuts they caused. That is brilliant.

Judds said...

You are so talented!!! I love the dress, what a great idea. I am trying to teach my girls to empty the dishwasher but we are not making any progress with that. Lucky!

Stephanie said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day! What an excitng week you had. I LOVE the dress! What a great idea! So cute!!!

Hill Family said...

Love the picuters, and I do need that pattern for the dress its great!!! You are so creative and so good at sewing.

Brad + Lauren said...

ah this blog cracks me up. you're such an awesome mom. I am totally loving that dress you made for Gabby, holy cow cute!

Amber said...

Cute hair cut, adorable dress, and dirty dishes in the drawer...love it all. Lots happening at your house. ;0)

Heidi said...

That dress is way cute I want to make one but it probably wont turn out so cute. You should make them and sell them. Laurieanns hair is cute. Were you so mad though. Cohen cut True's hair just on one side one day I was so sad. It has taken so long for her hair in front to even catch up to the back.

Becky said...

What a fun week of firsts. Love, love, love the shirt dress. You are so creative. I think it's so funny you made her pay for the haircuts, and that Hyrum put away dirty silverware. Funny thing, Danny has done the same thing, and he's 32!

Alan and Kiersten said...

ok that dress is AWESOME! i LOVE it! and that's hilarious about gabby cutting her hair! so funny.

jrushing said...

Great milestones! Love the piggy-stubbs! And yes that dress is soooo cute!

Ben & Jen said...

You amaze me! You do the most awesome things. I wish I were as creative as you were.

anna said...

you are so talented! i love that dress you made!

and i can't believe you emptied out the piggy bank! that's AWESOME!!

Kjrsten said...

LOVE THAT DRESS! SO COOL! Thanks for the update! I laughed when I saw that gabby learned to ride without training wheels... sonja just learned that too, and she is NINE! whoa is me!