Monday, January 16, 2012

Time for Tea!




It was that time of the year to enjoy a charming morning tea!  The girls and I invited all the girl cousins, aunts and of course Grandma to join us for hot chocolate and brunch.  I decorated my table with my own china, my mom's wedding china, and my Grandma Dyer's china.  I encouraged the girls to dress up and they had a delightful time playing the part.


I had to get creative with my table coverings.  I have a large table that can seat several, but I have few table cloths that go the full length since we don't normally use it that size.  I used two flat sheets to cover the length, using a rosy colored one at an angle to get the pink color I wanted.  It worked perfectly without spending a dime.


Grandma Raquel's china


Grandma Dyer's china and a cute party favor with chapstick, candies and girly pencils to take home.


 A special place for the babies.


Everyone brought something sweet and something savory to share.  My favorites were the pork and cucumber crustinis!  I need the recipe.






No comments: