Friday, June 24, 2011

Southern Utah Trip Day 2

We took the kids to the dinosaur park in Ogden before hitting the road again.  It made me want to watch "Jurassic Park" again.  The kids loved seeing all of the bones and especially the mechanical dinosaurs.









Our next stop before reaching our destination was Fort Cove.  It is situated between Filmore (the former capitol of Utah) and St. George.  Erected by Ira Hinckley it served as a stopping point for those traveling between the two cities. 

It was very interesting to show the kids the history of the time period.  All I have to say is-We have it so good.  I thought that I would show the kids how to make butter when we got home.  They had a hard time understanding the concept of a butter churn.  "You just get it from the fridge."



                              


The washroom.  Showed the kids that when they were finished with one outfit, it was made into several others and then eventually into quilts and rugs.

The kitchen. 12 loaves of bread baked daily.  90 minutes later we made it to St. George.

No comments: